Cellphone Cases – How to Choose the Right Case for Maximum Protection
If you have ever lost your grip while holding your mobile phone and it dropped directly to the ground, then you know how crucial it is to have a phone case. Keep in mind that there are many types of phone cases available, which is why it’s essential that you select a case that suits your lifestyle as well.
Phone cases are made from various materials, such as:
- Plastic – these phone cases are the most commonly used because of their durability and cheap cost
- Polyurethane – this material is also popular because of its customizability
- Polycarbonate – this is used more commonly in rugged-designed phone cases because of its toughness
- Carbon fibre – although it is one of the most expensive materials, it also boasts a more sophisticated look
- Natural or synthetic leather – both are the most popular materials because they convey an elegant and stylish design
- Silicone – this is best used for withstanding low-impact shock
- Wooden – this offers you sustainability, yet it is not widely available
- Metal – although it is heavier and tends to reflect radio waves that may weaken the phone’s signal, it is best used for protection
The materials mentioned above are commonly incorporated into various types of phone cases, such as the following:
This is an affordable and popular type of phone case that is made of either plastic or rubber materials. It delivers moderate surface protection and shock absorption. Keep in mind, however, that not all slim phone cases are durable, which is why you must choose wisely.
One of the disadvantages of a rugged phone case is its bulkiness. Despite this, they are specifically designed with protection in mind. This type of phone case features high sides, and most of them come with non-slip coatings for a better grip.
Flip / Folio
This is the phone case that can often be easily mistaken for a chequebook. This type of mobile phone case doesn’t only offer protection, but it comes with additional functionality that allows the user to carry their ID card is in as well. Some folio cases even double as chargers.
When choosing a phone case, know that silicone or rubber are excellent materials because they can absorb shock, and they can cover the most vulnerable parts of a mobile phone. Plastic cases, on the other hand, may come in a wide range of designs and colours to choose from, but they don’t effectively absorb shock.
As mentioned, one of the main factors to consider when buying a phone case is your lifestyle. For example, if you frequently go to the beach, then a water-resistant phone case is a better choice, while if you’re always on your phone and you struggle with the battery life, then a folio or wallet case that doubles as phone chargers would be handy for you.
Investing in a screen protector, such as tempered glass, is also recommended to help deflect scratches on your screen. Know that tempered glass screen protectors are more robust than the ones made from a plastic material. Choose a screen protector that has a 9H thickness that can give you maximum protection and perfect screen clarity.
If you are looking to purchase a cellphone case or other phone accessories in Hamilton, get in touch with us today to see how we can help.